acooper7989

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
Prunedale
Hi everyone,

About my birds:
I have 3 chickens and 2 turkeys.
Ginger the Rhode Island Red (~1 year old)
Daniella the Jersey Giant (~1 year old)
Speck the Barred Rock [she's camera shy so this photo was taken about 5 moths ago] (~1 year old)
Lurkey "Tom" Turkey the White Turkey (~1 year old)
Olivia the Brown Turkey (~5 years old) [rescue]
I built my coop, running area and roaming area [so that explains how horribly it was constructed haha]
The coop is about 6'x2'x4'
The enclosed running area attached to the coop is about 10'x6'x8' (with 21" buried underground).
The roaming area is about 50'x50'.

These are my first chickens and turkey I've owned.
I've browsed this site for about 6 months before making my account.

About myself:
I am a 21 year old trying to get her life together. I'm interested in Nursing and am about half way done with my Associates degree.
If I'm not accepted for financial aid this year I'm going to be joining the Air Force.
I'm currently working construction and the job is suppose to last for another 3 months.
I'm engaged to my high school love, we've been together for 7 years and known each other for 8.
I rent a room from his parents and live there with my birds, my fancy mouse (Bessie), 2 cats (Theia my calico and Pandora my gray cat, both rescues), my Siberian Husky (Luna, rescued) and a fresh water fish tank in the bathroom.

Whew, sorry for the long introduction!

Welcome! I'm a California transplant now living in Idaho. Back home I had a lot of friends who were nursing students so I think it's great! The Air Force is great too
smile.png

Welcome to BYC, glad you decided to join us.

I spent 24 years in the Air Force. If you were my child I'd recommend finishing school, then join the military (as an officer) for four years and pay off your school loans. Then get married and have babies.

Back
Top Bottom