Hello from CA!

Barrdwing

Songster
8 Years
Mar 19, 2011
A house surrounded by chickens
Hi folks! I'm a newbie to the Forum; I've been poking through the posts and everyone seemed to be having so much fun that I decided to join up.
smile.png
I got bitten by the "chicken bug" in the eighth grade (gee that was a while ago . . . no I'm not admitting how long ago . . .) and have been enjoying my "achicktion" ever since. Currently we run a mixed flock of recognizable breeds and whatsits; my favorites are the Easter Eggers, but we've also got Polish, millefleur Belgian Bearded, bantam partridge Cochins, a Phoenix, two blue mostly-Andalusians, and two speckled Sussex--in other words, what happens when you turn me loose in a McMurray catalog.
wink.png
We also have some very peculiar crossbreeds (like the son of our golden-laced Polish roo and the Belgian Beardie gal who fell madly for his crazy Beatles hairdo). We keep our birds technically for eggs, but between you all, me, and the yard lamp it's really the pet value. The little feathery rascals finally convinced me to start a blog: "Come on, Ma, you know you wanna write about us!" But I'm too much of a n00b for the site to let me post the link, so that'll have to wait.
roll.png
No worries--I understand why!

Anyway, glad to meet everyone, and I hope that you're all having a good spring!

Back
Top Bottom