Hello from Cali -

GoldenFarms

In the Brooder
Jul 14, 2016
I"m so happy to be able to share in this forum. I began my chicken experience one year ago with 6 hens. My husband counted yesterday and he was surprised to count over 50! I'm not sure how that happened! :p

Well, as you can imagine, now I must rethink my coop and redesign things. It's a work in progress!
Thanks all!

Yorkshire Coop

“Limited edition!”
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Aug 16, 2014
United Kingdom
My Coop
My Coop
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm afraid it happens to us all!! My flock grew rather large without me noticing too ;) It sure does sound like you are enjoying your birds. Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

TwoCrows

🌻🐣🌻
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Ha!...sounds like chicken math to me....2 + 4 hens equals 14?? I mean you can't count the chicks because they aren't grown...you can't count the broodies because they hide all day in the nest boxes...you can't count the pullets because they aren't laying yet...I mean gosh...I really only have 6 birds!!
barnie.gif
Something like that...LOL

Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours! :)

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
Sounds like you are gonna need a much bigger coop etc. Probably a great time to rehome those you don't need in your flock.

Pork Pie

Flockwit
Premium Feather Member
6 Years
Jan 30, 2015
Hi and welcome to BYC - I love Twocrow's logic and I'm happy to go along with it!

Best wishes
Ct

Top Bottom