1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Cali -

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GoldenFarms, Jul 15, 2016.

1. GoldenFarms

GoldenFarms Just Hatched

Jul 14, 2016
    I"m so happy to be able to share in this forum. I began my chicken experience one year ago with 6 hens. My husband counted yesterday and he was surprised to count over 50! I'm not sure how that happened! :p

Well, as you can imagine, now I must rethink my coop and redesign things. It's a work in progress!
    Thanks all!

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! I'm afraid it happens to us all!! My flock grew rather large without me noticing too ;) It sure does sound like you are enjoying your birds. Wishing you the very best of luck for the future and enjoy BYC :frow

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Ha!...sounds like chicken math to me....2 + 4 hens equals 14?? I mean you can't count the chicks because they aren't grown...you can't count the broodies because they hide all day in the nest boxes...you can't count the pullets because they aren't laying yet...I mean gosh...I really only have 6 birds!! [​IMG] Something like that...LOL

Enjoy your wonderful flock and welcome to ours! :)

4. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

I started with 6 too, and somehow got to 200... gee... I wonder how that happened... we may never know :confused:

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Sounds like you are gonna need a much bigger coop etc. Probably a great time to rehome those you don't need in your flock.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - I love Twocrow's logic and I'm happy to go along with it!

Best wishes
    Ct

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by