Hello from California

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jb1989, Jan 16, 2019.

1. jb1989

jb1989 Chirping

hello everyone ,
    i am a long time lurker , and finally decided to get involved in the community.
    i am 29 years old and live in the bay area.
    I been around chickens most my life , and i have raised various breeds over the last 10 years . as well as about 16 ducks of various breeds aswell.
    2 Nigerian dwarf goats were apart of my farm for 8 years but sadly i lost them to some stray dogs that wandered into my little farm.
    as many chicken/duck owners , i have lost quite a bit to predators over the past few years.
    currently i house 5 chicken hens , 1 Sicilian buttercup 3 orpingtons , and 1 mix who i adopted from a friend , looks like a orpington mix of some sort.
    i have 4 ducks as of currently , all hens , 2 Silver Appleyard (beautiful breed)
    1 Black Swedish, and 1 Blue Swedish.
    i have grown quite fond of the ducks , they are very entertaining!

in addition to my birds , i have a Irish wolfhound (Remington) who helps me watch over my birds and has ever since he was a puppy, he is now 4 and a half and spends lots of time with me when i am doing my chores

i currently am housing 4 male ducks that were dumped by some irresponsible owner who left them malnourished and 3 out of 4 have angel wing ( i recently made a post about it )

I look forward to meeting you all and trading information about this wonderful way of life.

reminton duckie .jpg

2. DobieLover

DobieLover Easily distracted by chickens

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow Glad you joined.

3. townchicks

townchicks Free Ranging

Dec 1, 2016
    Contra Costa county, Ca.
    Welcome to the flock, from a fellow Bay Area member. I love your dog. The duckling is pretty cute too!

4. cassie123

cassie123 Crowing

Jun 13, 2017
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! CUTE PIC!!!!!!!!!!

5. LittleBrownie

LittleBrownie 4D Personality

Sep 30, 2014
    California
    Hiya fellow Californian!
    Welcome to BYC!
    I hope you make some great connections on here :D

6. jb1989

jb1989 Chirping

hello fellow bay area friend !
    thank you ! My pup holds a very special place in my heart ! he has made a very great friend to my flock.

7. TropicalBabies

TropicalBabies Songster

Jun 12, 2018
    Hawaii
    Aloha, welcome!! I enjoyed your bio, loved added photo :love. I have family in the Bay area and have always thought it to be beautiful there. Your pup looks a little Leslies Photos, January 19, 2017 310.jpg familiar...:cool:. Glad you are here, look forward to seeing you around this site! Again, welcome!!!

8. jb1989

jb1989 Chirping

thank you ! is your pup a wolfhound as well?
    bay area is a great place , but no where near as beautiful as Hawaii, aloha from the mainland !
    here is a picture that give a good perspective on my puppies size , he is currently 165 pounds and taller then me when he stands (i am 6' )

Attached Files:

9. TropicalBabies

TropicalBabies Songster

Jun 12, 2018
    Hawaii
    LOL! He is adorable!!! We definitely have the smaller model. No... not a... well, don't know for sure what Elliott (aka tumbleweed) is. We think we know he has Whippet and thought maybe some Airedale??? But seeing your Wolfhound, IDKnow. A H.S. rescue that my hubby could not resist. He is a very good, loving and funny boy for us.

10. 007Sean

007Sean Addict

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Glad to have you here with us. Enjoy your time here at BYC!

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

11. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Did you candle today?

Welcome to BYC.
    :yesss: We are glad you joined this flock!
    Jump right in and make yourself at home.
    Remington :love
    This video will help you learn how to navigate this site:

Coop Ideas:
    Chicken Coops

BYC has an APP!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: