Postoffice Joe

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2018
Canada
Hello My Name is Joe, I live in Canada I'm new to chickens but have been studying chickens for quite some time, as I plan on breeding cold hearty birds soon, I've read many threads here on backyardchickens and find it very good for information and friendly people willing to share there experiences.
I'm very interested in large cold hearty dual purpose chickens to breed in our colder Canadian climate, as in Chantecler, Buckeye, Black australorps, Marans, Brahma, Jersey Giants, Araucana, Ameraucana even Bresse . I even have plans to possibly create a new Canadian breed of chicken in the future.
Also have been looking at rare breeds from Greefire farms, the "new" Deathlayer chicken looks very interesting as well as the Crevecoeur, Pavlovskaya, Altsteirer, Orust, Russian Orloff, even there Liege Fighter looks very interesting, also Ayam Cemani but I think the Swedish Black Hen would fair better in our climate, but I'm trying to stay focused on my plans of breeding cold hearty breeds first then maybe cross breeding in the future.
If you have any suggestions please feel free to toss out any ideas you may have . or even information on the ones mentioned . at this stage anything helps . Thanks.

Hello My Name is Joe, I live in Canada I'm new to chickens but have been studying chickens for quite some time, as I plan on breeding cold hearty birds soon, I've read many threads here on backyardchickens and find it very good for information and friendly people willing to share there experiences.
I'm very interested in large cold hearty dual purpose chickens to breed in our colder Canadian climate, as in Chantecler, Buckeye, Black australorps, Marans, Brahma, Jersey Giants, Araucana, Ameraucana even Bresse . I even have plans to possibly create a new Canadian breed of chicken in the future.
Also have been looking at rare breeds from Greefire farms, the "new" Deathlayer chicken looks very interesting as well as the Crevecoeur, Pavlovskaya, Altsteirer, Orust, Russian Orloff, even there Liege Fighter looks very interesting, also Ayam Cemani but I think the Swedish Black Hen would fair better in our climate, but I'm trying to stay focused on my plans of breeding cold hearty breeds first then maybe cross breeding in the future.
If you have any suggestions please feel free to toss out any ideas you may have . or even information on the ones mentioned . at this stage anything helps . Thanks.
smiley_emoticons_mttao_kanada.gif
WELCOME ARROW SMILE.gif :woot

G'Day from down under Joe :frow Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

BYC has Topic of the Week discussions which I have found to be a great resource, informative and sometimes entertaining; so definitely worth checking out.

If you would like to share Pictures and Stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out :D

You might want to also visit the Canadian Thread and pop in and say hello.

Back
Top Bottom