Hello From Cape Cod

Mamala

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 19, 2012
Hi All,
My name is Amy and I'm a stay at home to a 10 month- old girl and 4 week- old chickens- 3 Red Stars named Left Eye, Green Butt and Alberta and a White something (can't remember, may have started with an A?) named Wackadoo. I imagine I'll be spending a lot of time here, as the questions about my new little ones are mounting by the minute! I'll post most of my questions on the appropriate boards, but maybe you could help my kick off my membership by answering me this: How long might it takes for my chicks to like me? They were born Thursday and I picked them up on Monday from a local farm supply store and they just don't like me. They run and freak out when I come into the room and I'm bummed. I've tried hand feeding them, talking, and singing to them and so far, nothing. I don't know if I'm expecting too much too soon or what, so a little direction/ assurance. I look forward to swapping information with you all!
Thanks,
Amy

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

Just keep doing what you are doing, pick them up and hold them too. Most chicks have multiple panic attacks when they are little, as they get older it will improve.

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Like the others said, just keep doing what you already are
thumbsup.gif

Hello and :welcome
If you want help identifying your chick, perhaps post a thread in What breed or gender is this.
Could it be a white Leghorn? Our neighbours had one of those along with their red stars.
As for your chicks, they definitely won't come running to you straight away, ours didn't really warm to following us closely till they were about three months old.

Anyway, I hope you have many rewarding experiences raising your chickens, don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site! :D

Thanks everyone! I guess I will keep singing to the girls and hope they warm up!

Back
Top Bottom