Hello, from Central Florida!

arienwolf

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 29, 2012
Central Florida.
Thanks for letting me join!
I am new to keeping chickens on my own but not new to the world of chickens. As a kid we had "wild" chickens my grandmother kept from leaving the area by feeding corn,rice,bread, left overs etc. They were our food.

I picked up four hopeful "pullets" from the Ranch Hand where I live. I liked the Buffs and Black Stars so I picked up two of each. Came in about two weeks later and the lady gave me two sick chicks because she said she read sucker on my forehead. =)
I don't know what the two she gave me are but they both made it. After a few days of little sleep and some force feedings. They are now feathering up and running around making a mess of things.

(They are quickly becoming my pets to my dismay. I fear I am no longer seeing them as dinner. lol. They are lovingly called "the ladies". Though I am hopeful there's no roo in there.)

Through this little rough spot with the two chicks, and the four I had gotten maybe a month before the two chicks, any and all questions I had... and tried to research online... where answered here. This is my go to chicken bible. =)

Thanks again for letting me join!

Hello and Welcome from Sugarloaf Mountain, Clermont, Florida. Look for the Where am I, Where are you section and join the Florida thread. Called " Florida....Always Sunny Side Up!!!!!!
You will meet some great Florida chicken people. Where are you?

Maye

Hi! I am In Central Florida, Close to Hudson. I will do as you suggested. But I am just now trying to get my bearings with the system and as of right now, have no Idea where to look. lol. No worries. I will find it. =)

It's nice to meet you!

WelcometoBYC.gif

Back
Top Bottom