hello from central Florida

muddpuppy01

In the Brooder
May 3, 2015
New member started with raising some some egg layers about a month and a half ago. Have two crested polish, two isa brown, and two ameraucana. I started this after moving out of the city and into the sticks. My plan is to start doing meat birds ( chickens and turkeys ) and rabbits.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! If you need any info on getting into meat birds, we have a nice Meaties section you can ask questions if you need to...https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/21/meat-birds-etc

Good luck with all your poultry projects and welcome to our flock!

Welcome! I'm near the Central Florida area too and just started out with chickens this March. I have 4 Buffs, 2 Americaunas, 3 black aconas, 3 gold sex links, 2 RIR, 3 cookoo Marin's and 2 barred rocks. (I can't go into the feed store without bringing a few home!). I was very lucky to receive a beautiful 7 x 9 coop from a friend that was getting out of the chicken game and I built a 30 x 60 covered aviary for them from horse corral panels, wire and bird netting. Now waiting for the eggs to arrive...they have such personalities! The weather here is great for backyard chickens! Watch out for the nasty raccoons though . Good luck with your flock!

So far no coon problems I know they are around by the prints in my pasture. I built my coop with them in mind. I still have to put the fence up around it. Using a dog kennel I found on my property. It just needs a little repair.

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

It sounds like you have a nice flock! Good luck with your future meat birds and rabbits.

Hi I'm a newbie from winter garden. Ill be housing the chickens in a coop at my parents house in clermont but right now they are with me for the first 5 wks. I will need to build a coop and covered run as open as possible for this heat and rain and something that can be shielded from the cold in the short winter. I want a floor that can be rinsed out easily with a hose. Suggestions welcome. My chickies are a few days old and I have 5.

Back
Top Bottom