Hello from Central Illinois

chriscat

Songster
16 Years
Apr 14, 2008
North Carolina
I've been lurking a year or so, and have learned a lot from reading everyone's posts.

I used to raise silkies, and also had a flocks of welsumers, barnevelders, and marans when we had our farm. DH had a job transfer, we sold the farm, and after five months in our new location, they transferred him back here! This time, we bought a house on the edge of a small town, so I have to be careful about the amount and type of birds I get. I'm looking for some quiet, calm, easy keepers! Is there such a thing?

My husband recently built me a coop/tractor that will hold about six hens comfortably. I can't wait to fill it! I've got a couple of Spitzhauben pullets so far. And a couple of silkie chicks that will be kept in a separate pen.

I've tried hatching some eggs this spring, with no luck. I think it's time for a new incubator, but I know if I get one, that I'll end up with too many birds! I don't have any self control when it comes to poultry, LOL!

welcome-byc.gif
from North Central Mo!

My fourth baby was born in Madisonville. We lived in Loudon at the time, and my midwife was located in Madisonville. We loved it down there, it was so pretty!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom