Hello from central NJ

Mace Gill

Songster
May 26, 2017
New Jersey
My folks had chickens when I was small. About three years ago, herself and I started our own little flock of Australorps. Love our girls! Have a love/hate relationship with our roo. We love him (for some reason) and he hates all of humanity and everything un-chicken!

Mace

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You really don't have to suffer with a nasty rooster.
Honestly there is no GOOD reason to keep a BAD roo. There are a glut of roosters on the market because so many areas don't allow them. It's a buyers market. There are many roosters who know their place in life and respect it.

It's said that the meanest roosters make the best soup.

Welcome to Backyard chickens. You really don't have to suffer with a nasty rooster.
Honestly there is no GOOD reason to keep a BAD roo. There are a glut of roosters on the market because so many areas don't allow them. It's a buyers market. There are many roosters who know their place in life and respect it.

It's said that the meanest roosters make the best soup.

He's only a jerk to people ... he LOVES those girls and would lay down his life for them. Had the misfortune of a second rooster hatching ... as soon they started fighting, the OTHER rooster became stew!

Back
Top Bottom