Hello from central ohio

AlvarezAcres

In the Brooder
Nov 16, 2016
Ostrander, Ohio
Hi there, long time lurker that finally set up an account. I have had a small mixed flock for about a year, looking to add to it next spring and also try out some meat birds. I am near the Delaware area.

welcome-byc.gif

It's nice to have you here! Before you add new birds to your flock, read up on isolation and integration (there are articles on those topics in the Learning Center). Isolation will keep your flock healthy and an integration process can ease the new birds into the flock with little drama.

Good luck to you!

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join us here! Many of us were lurkers before joining up, myself included :D Good luck with adding new flock members next spring. Do you have ideas on what breeds?

Wishing you the very best of luck and enjoy your time here on BYC :frow

Thanks all! Breed wise I currently have a couple brahmas, marans, polish, and EEs. Next year doing more EEs and marans, and going to test drive 2 new breeds. Currently considering golden comets, but drooling over the entire Meyer hatchery catalog. I like the personality of the brahmas, but mine took a long time to get to laying, and they eat like horses. I have one chunk muffin that egg bound her first egg, and I had to get up close and personal to help her out. She has recovered nicely, but that was about the final strike for the brahmas. My polish are mean little napoleons, and like to chase my cat. Fun to watch, but not a good personal fit.

Back
Top Bottom