1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Central TX

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rustybry, Apr 23, 2017.

1. rustybry

rustybry Just Hatched

Apr 23, 2017
    Jarrell. TX
    Hi. I am a retired Technology director who is married to a retired Agriculture science teacher. We just ventured into the world of backyard chickens last week. We built our chicken palace and purchased 12 pullets on Monday. This is a new adventure for me but I have loved the first weeks. Except my 4 Buffs won't go into the coop at night--lol

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    Try putting them in by hand after dark, after a few times they will go on their own.

1 person likes this.
  3. rustybry

rustybry Just Hatched

Apr 23, 2017
    Jarrell. TX
    Thanks. We have put them in 2 nights now. Hoping tonight is the night they go in on their own.

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I responded on your other post.

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hi again, I also responded to your other post. You said they went in the first couple of days and then stopped. I suggested the other breeds are harassing them on the roost etc.

6. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under rustybry [​IMG] Welcome!

I didn’t respond on your other post cos I haven’t seen it yet [​IMG] lol

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by