Hello from Charlotte, NC

welcome-byc.gif
from UT! Glad you joined us!

Hello! I am from Charlotte, NC and just got my first flock, ever!! Woo Hoo! They will be one week old tomorrow. 6 doing great and one not so good.
sad.png

Quote:
Hey JKid,

Congrats! I haven't posted in a while...but I am a steady lurker. Why haven't I posted? Well everytime I have a question, I have been able to find the answer through a quick search.

So - since I should be more social. We received our chicks on March 1st of this year and all is well so far. They are doing great. We had one RIR that we didn't think would make it - but after a couple of nights and more than I ever thought I would learn about chicken anatomy - she pulled through.

I did the official Charlotte chicken permit thing. I keep meaning to do a write up on that process.

So - we have 2 Rhode Island Reds, 2 Red Stars and 2 Easter Eggers.

The biggest mistake we made so far - we should have purchased our chicks from Renfrow's in Matthews. MPC did great - but I could have saved about half the price by going local - and the guys at Renfrow's have been great about answering questions and offering advice.

So let me know if you need any help...I'm still a noob, but starting to get the hang of a few things.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom