Hello from CO- New duck Mama

GrnMtnDucks

In the Brooder
Jun 4, 2020
Lakewood, Colorado
Hello! I have found this site so useful. I picked up 3 runner ducklings the day they hatched a week ago and was in a little over my head. Everyone's advice on here was so great!
I have one very small black runner a runt (named Fiddle) who stopped walking day 2 so had to up their vitamins and niacin. Then sadly our blue runner (named Squeeze Box) had what our local poultry vet said most likely genetic defect in her organs she struggled for 3 or 4 days, we tried everything for her she was so beautiful and sweet. She passed away while I was holding her. Our other black runner (named Banjo) is a giant and a wild one! She and Fiddle are thriving and becoming super fun and active.

I'm excited to learn and share information with everyone on here.

Hello! I have found this site so useful. I picked up 3 runner ducklings the day they hatched a week ago and was in a little over my head. Everyone's advice on here was so great!
I have one very small black runner a runt (named Fiddle) who stopped walking day 2 so had to up their vitamins and niacin. Then sadly our blue runner (named Squeeze Box) had what our local poultry vet said most likely genetic defect in her organs she struggled for 3 or 4 days, we tried everything for her she was so beautiful and sweet. She passed away while I was holding her. Our other black runner (named Banjo) is a giant and a wild one! She and Fiddle are thriving and becoming super fun and active.

I'm excited to learn and share information with everyone on here.

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

Back
Top Bottom