Hello from Coleman, TX

welcome-byc.gif
glad to have ya
smile.png

gander007
old.gif

Just an update. We got the farm and have moved in and settled as much as you can after a move. We have been here a little over a month. I got some chicks (pullets), 5 Barred Rocks, 5 Partridge Rocks, 5 Blue Andalusians, 5 Columbian Wyandottes, and 5 Silver Laced Wyandottes. There were a couple of extras plus the free rare breed. I think the rare breed is a white one or she may be a "splash" Andalusian. Only time will tell. We did loose a couple in the first twenty four hours but the remaining 25 are now three weeks old and doing great. As if that were not enough we have six ducks coming next week (3 Blue Swedish and 3 Khaki Campbells) and an, as yet, unknown number of male day old chicks to keep them warm. So, we are busy this weekend setting up additional brooder space for the ducks and the little boy-chicks.

You have all been great support and help from the greetings as a newbie to the advice and suggestions I have gotten on other forums here. Back Yard Chickens has become my primary source of poultry knowledge and I just wanted to give you all an update and to thank you all for being here.

Oh, and by the way, that old, dirty coop is now clean and shiny and ready for the 25 girls (100 sq ft inside with a 200 sq ft run) as well as a separate coop for the ducks with their own run, a shared run for all of them together that is about 600 sq ft and a secured/fenced forage area that is about 1/2 acre. I just need to figure out what to do with all the little guys if they survive.

Glad to hear everything is working out on the new farm! Sounds like you have the start of a nice little flock there, sorry about the chicks you lost. Hope your ducklings and packing peanuts arrive safely next week.

Back
Top Bottom