Hello from Colorado

Rg01

Chirping
Nov 17, 2020
Hello all,
We bought our house in Colorado a few months back and decided we wanted to raise chickens starting in the spring. There are a few concerns with predators in our area as we live in a wooded area. Neighbors have seen coyotes, foxes,bears,racoons, owls and falcon. We are looking to raise silkies but we will need to build all the infrastructure. We are shooting for at least 3 hens to begin and possible adding on but right now 3 is the goal. My wife and I are both pretty handy so we will be building everything ourselves. Pretty excited to get some good info and start the actual planning phase!

Hello all,
We bought our house in Colorado a few months back and decided we wanted to raise chickens starting in the spring. There are a few concerns with predators in our area as we live in a wooded area. Neighbors have seen coyotes, foxes,bears,racoons, owls and falcon. We are looking to raise silkies but we will need to build all the infrastructure. We are shooting for at least 3 hens to begin and possible adding on but right now 3 is the goal. My wife and I are both pretty handy so we will be building everything ourselves. Pretty excited to get some good info and start the actual planning phase!
Hello from Florida

Attachments

• 20201109_231642.jpg
    20201109_231642.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to BYC from Arizona! This is the place to be for all your chicken news, connections to helpful poultry folks and more!
We also have coyotes, racoons, skunk, etc... so we ended up building a chicken fortress - your building skills will come in handy. Silkies in particular might need a super chicken fortress.

Back
Top Bottom