Hello from Cork, Ireland

imykraig

Hatching
May 16, 2015
Im new here. Ive a great interest in all animals and like to research alot. I dont have any chickens but do keep reptiles with plans to breed. People might be wondering why im here if ive no chickens but knowledge is key.

Im looking for info on incubators. I've already posted in the incubation section if anyone can help. Thanks in advance

welcome-byc.gif

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the minimum temperature that the brinsea mini eco can be set at. I borrowed it from someone to setup for reptile eggs and need a temp of 85f.

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

I love animals too! You've come to the right place to talk about chickens and other poultry.

Hi, welcome to BYC!

I've never incubated anything before but there is a forum for that where someone could probably answer your question. Here's a link to get you there:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Interesting you're going to hatch reptile eggs! My oldest son was fascinated by reptiles & amphibians since he was a tot. Last year he graduated from university with a doctorate in ecology and evolutionary biology. You just never know where an interest will take you!

Good luck to you with the eggs, it's nice to have you here!

Ya my plan is to try get in to herpetology. Im studying animal care in college at the moment but it took me 7 years to make that decision. My first were a pair of green anoles. Then got two bearded dragons and more recently leopard geckos. I always loved animals. We used to catch and release mice at home. Or rehabilitate injured birds or toads from the back garden. But that was years ago and the passion didnt come about until the anoles. Ive posted a thread in the incubation section and also emailed the company for info. Thanks for the welcome.

Ya my plan is to try get in to herpetology. Im studying animal care in college at the moment but it took me 7 years to make that decision. My first were a pair of green anoles. Then got two bearded dragons and more recently leopard geckos. I always loved animals. We used to catch and release mice at home. Or rehabilitate injured birds or toads from the back garden. But that was years ago and the passion didnt come about until the anoles. Ive posted a thread in the incubation section and also emailed the company for info. Thanks for the welcome.

We had anoles, bearded dragons and some sort of geckos (not sure if leopard or not?) in our house as his pets for years. The longest termed reptile pet he had was a Burmese Python. He had him from about age 12 until he went to graduate school when he was 25. Rocko was one big snake by then, lol.

Best of luck to you with your studies. I don't think enough people understand the ecological significance of reptiles. They seem to view them as a threat and want to eliminate them.

See you around the boards!

Back
Top Bottom