Hello from CT!

Egg Crate

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 13, 2010
Ivoryton
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? We brought home our first batch of 8 chicks last April.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? We lost 5 of the first 8 to predators (4 on one day in June). We then got 5 more including a bantam rooster. Total of 9 presently.

(3) What breeds do you have? We have a Barred Rock ( Pepper), Buff Orphington (Baby), Silver laced Wynandotte (Helicopter), Gold laced Wyandotte (Pumpkin), white Frizzle (Phylis), bantam Cochin rooster (Napoleon), a Star (Stretch), a white Ameraucana ( Poppy), Some other version of an Ameraucana, (Polly). Names assigned by neighborhood children.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Looking for information on Google.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Cars, boating, woodworking, upholstery, attending elementary school.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Chickens were our daughter's idea. She researched, investigated, proposed, negotiated, procured, planned, played with, helped to build the coop and now feeds, waters, cleans and collects the eggs. I supervise & assist. Wife cooks the eggs.

Pic of our 3 original survivors, Stretch, Baby and Helicopter, helping me detail my car.

100_3080.jpg

From my daughter the chicken farmer:

hi do any of you enter your chickens in fairs? how many chickens do you have, i have 8 but sadly i lost 4 on may 27 a month after we got them there names were dash rocky fog-horn and penelopy they were awsome i miss them so much and then like 2 weeks after that i lost 1 from a fox we were all so upset... but now we got more but i still miss them and one of are new ones was a FRIZZEL their sooo fluffy.. thanks for chatting bye....

Last edited:
Quote:
Hi Egg Crate's daughter!! Welcome to BYC. I do not enter my chickens in fairs, but my husband and I enjoy going to fairs in CT and seeing everybody else's chickens! If you enter a fair you should post it here so we could stop by and see your chicken. (But I think most of our fairs are over with for this year) We have 5 pullets in the coop outside and 7 chicks inside. Lucky for us we have not lost any yet. It is so very sad when you lose a chicken, isn't it? I would miss each of mine terribly if she were lost! Good luck with your chickens...thanks for chatting, bye.

Back
Top Bottom