Hello From CT

marian0116

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Just started with chickens, though I grew up with them over 40 years ago, I finally have my own. We live in mid western Ct near the New York border. Our household is comprised of 9 Coronation Sussex, 3 Birchen Marans, all 6 weeks old, a Belgian Sheepdog, a Border Collie and a few Koi. My husband and I are both retired; engineer and architect respectively. We are still putting the finishing touches on the Coop and Run. Still a bit too cool to put them in their new home so they are currently in their new digs in the basement. The Coros outgrew the brooder, which was in the bathroom, very quickly. Though they currently have 2sf per, they miss their free for all in the bathroom with mom. Putting newspaper down 2x a day every time I let them out of the brooder was getting old very fast. A few of them loved hopping all over me and napping in my lap. I must say they are a fun group. The Birchens are more reserved/shy where as the Coros - forget about it. Very friendly but are not crazy about being picked up. I will have 3 extra Coro roos I will be trying to sell soon. I got the chicks form BJ's Poultry in Michigan. He has some beautiful birds and I think these will turn out just as nice. I had checked this website out several times, when deciding whether to get chickens, and then for information once I decided. A lot of helpful stuff to be found. Thank you all so very much for sharing.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom