Hello from East Tennessee

head4dmtns

In the Brooder
11 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Chuckey, TN
Hi there! My fiance (Geo to you guys and gals) finally convinced me to sign up for the forums......I think he was tired of sharing his computer with me!!

We are just starting out with our chickens, we got 25 RIRs about 4 weeks ago. Right now my main goal is to be able to tell the hens from the roosters.....LOL

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning more about chickens. Oh, and since I know you want to see them.......

welcome-byc.gif

West TN here. Enjoy the site.

Welcome to BYC!!!! You will just love it here!!

Congratulations on all your new babies!!!
At this point (4 weeks) with your little ones, you should be able to see either a feather difference or a comb difference. The males usually feather slower than the females. and as for the comb, you should be able to see if any are more red or pink than the others and much bigger. The one in the pic looks girly to me
wink.png

Welcome to the ultimate Clan, Club, and Community of Poultry Lovers, head4dmtns! :welcome
Love your username. ;)
It looks like you've already received some great information regarding your chicks, so I'll add is: Enjoy every moment you have with your chicks- they don't stay chicks for long!
All of birds are all part of one massive, unanimously-beloved flock on BYC- and we can't wait to assist in any way possible!
We're glad you're here!!!
:jumpy Wings of Wishes, :jumpy
~Sarah

Back
Top Bottom