Hello from East Texas

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about Rudy. Sounds like it's definitely time that he visited the stew pot. My wife and I were both raised in east Texas. You have a nice mix of breeds. Red Sex Links and Leghorns are both egg laying machines. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Thank you! I am excited about my babies. I'm already ready to add more. But for now, my husband and I have been discussing isolation vs chicken & dumplings today (and what see are going to say to the two little girls who raised Rudy :( ). I haven't had sex links or leghorns before and I can't wait to see what these girls can do. I didn't realize how much I've missed having chickens. So glad we decided to start again. And so excited that I found this super cool forum!

There are so many worthwhile roosters needing homes, there is never a reason to keep an aggressive one. It is really a buyers market . Would you really want chicks from such a rooster.? He needs to swim with the noodles in a pot of soup.

Honestly if you go to the BYC buy,sell,trade forum there are always roosters being offered- sometimes even show stock , at very good prices. BYC also has a grouping of animals needing homes for free.

you need 20 posts to participate but, you could scope out what is available

No, I don't want babies from him. That was the original plan, but honestly we only took him as a favor to a friend. He is now separated from the others while he awaits his fate.

Back
Top Bottom