Hello from East Texas!

havery

Songster
6 Years
Feb 27, 2015
East Texas
I just got into chickens last year with a random assortment from Tractor Supply. I ended up with a golden comet, three red sex links, a cuckcoo maran, a silver lackenvelder, and two California whites. We butchered the whites but the rest of my girls are perfect and lay amazingly well!

I live in East Texas, and am a stay at home mother of two girls with another baby on the way. Other residents at my home include my wonderful husband, our lovely German Shepherd named Sofie, and her partner in crime, Max the cat.

We ordered six more layers for my coop as well as 30 meat chickens for a tractor we're co-oping with my sister in law, so we're getting a little more serious about this chicken business! Next year we'll be adding goats and rabbits to our 2.5 acre menagerie as well, so wish us luck!

Hello and Welcome to BYC! We're glad to have another member to the growing poultry community! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, I'm sure you'll find answers to them here!
frow.gif

How come you didn't like the calli whites? (just curious) Enjoy your flock!

Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined our community!

Sounds like you have a nice flock! Good luck with all of them.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. My wife and I were both raised in east Texas. Which part of east Texas are you from? Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our children. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom