hello from Edmonds washington!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by aliciala05, May 10, 2011.

1. aliciala05

aliciala05 New Egg

May 10, 2011
    hi there everyone! I wouldnt say im a new chicken mommy but an intermediate. I got my 4 girls last year around this time from a local feed store while buying rabbit food. I started with two chicks (white silky and a road island red) i had always been obsessed with chicks but living in the suburbs never had any. My husband grew up with them and always told me stories about how they were great family pets. My first two girls (Tiku and Tika if you ever eat indian food chicken tika is amazing and its bright red like my rir) grew up in my spare bedroom. A week later my husband showed up with a black sexlink and what he thought was an araucanian but turned out to be another road island red. (Taku and meany her name doesnt fit the rest of the girls because she is just that a meany since birth pecking the other chickens) and these two newbys joined the others in the spare room. And sure enough they turned into another member of our family. They followed the dogs and cats around the house eating out of their food bowls and begging for food around the dinning room table. After the four girls broke into the 40 lb bag of dog food my husband decided it was time to build them a coop and them to live outside. These four chickens have brought more smiles to my face on a rainy day then any other birds i have encountered. I will always continue to have chickens in my life.

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the chicken addiction, from Renton.

Great intro

[​IMG] Now sally forth and post! [​IMG]

Imp- Who is this Sally Forth? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome from Northern California. [​IMG]

4. KlaHaYa Gardens

KlaHaYa Gardens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Welcome, aliciala05! [​IMG]

We are neighbors. [​IMG]

Enjoy your time here. There are many good threads and forums with helpful information. There are also some places where folks just have fun and play. Not me. I'm way to serious at all times. Never even smile. [​IMG] Okay, you caught me: it's only because I'm busy drooling at all the birds I want but don't own. Sometimes, when I stop drooling, I can not only smile, but I can be helpful, too.

This might be useful: Forum FAQ's (upper right hand corner of the page) https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=1198.

Good
    luck.

5. adella ethridge

adella ethridge New Egg

May 8, 2011
    hello I am chickens lover I HAVE 16CHICKENS 1ROOSTER I have 4baby chickens hatch now we put 40 eggs . now 21 day later now hatch we have 4 that hatch on5/10/11. and iwill see what happen toworrow. take one at time try not get rush or get up set . if the chicken do not hatch all at once. it take lot patience to wait it out. time is avery understanding, waiting .I hope you are have enjoy your chickens fun watch them. get to lots of trouble. my get chickens get in trouble let them out I have long stick help them not run to far away. my husband try to help get mad really fast. so i get some food and i call them they follow me back to the pen.well got to go get to work in morning. bye adella.

6. aliciala05

aliciala05 New Egg

May 10, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

7. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    I'm late! But welcome to the site!! I hope you have asmuch fun as I do here! If you need anything, feel free to PM me. I'm one message away!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

9. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Welcome! I grew up in Edmonds! Across the street and through the woods from the Driftwood Players. Went to Edmonds Elem, Edmonds Jr and Sr High. That dates me. I think they are all closed now...

10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by