Hello from England

Spatchcock

In the Brooder
Jun 7, 2020
Hi there!

Mark from (sunny?) England here! We are first time chickeners and currently have 6, 3.5 week old Goldlines living in the kitchen! :) Looking forward to watching them grow and to getting some eggs. We are an animal loving family (I am married with 2 daughters) and the chicks add to a house rabbit, 2 guinea pigs, a hamster, 3 degus, 4 rats, 2 cockroaches, 5 pond goldish, a tortoise and 5 tarantulas - think we spend more each month on animal feed than we do our own food! :)

Been looking at books about raising chickens, but it seems so hard to find one that is universally well-reviewed so, what better way to learn, than from other owners and breeders - so I will be lurking around these pages for a while as I catch-up with all the "starter" info, but will no doubt start pestering with questions when we really get stuck into things.

When I am not feeding/cleaning animals, I also like to do a bit of astronomy and write in my spare time.

Looking forward to learning loads!

Hello. I am in Cambridgeshire. We have 5 children, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 fish, 1 chicken and 23 ducks from less than a week old up to 2 years.
I have found this site really helpful. Welcome. 😁

Thanks!

Just the two kids here in Gloucester! Although the animals are easier to deal with sometimes!

Love ducks, but we are limited on space sadly!

Back
Top Bottom