Hello from Engle-Hood!!

frost T

Hatching
5 Years
Feb 21, 2014
Englewood, Colorado
Hi there, happy Friday to everyone.
I have been lingering on this site for a few months now, I don't know what took me so long to join.
I have learned a lot about quail here, so Thank You All.

I started raising quail about 3 months ago, I bought 10 coturnix (7female 3male) from a breeder in Denver. Great big birds!. I started incubating 20 eggs 5 days ago in my first ever home fabricated coolerbator!
3 weeks ago I went and bought 7 straight run 3 1/2 week old Tuxedos 3 different colors which are very cute but much smaller than the Browns and Two of the males are quite aggressive towards everyone else. I lucked out with 4 female and only 3 male, and one of the males is very tame, friendly, tolerates me handling him and much like me, loves his ladies. Now my main boy:), so I really lucked out with him.

I like to build all the cages, feeders and as much I can myself to fit my needs, save some money and also to keep me entertained, so some creative criticism encouraged.

I'll post some pictures to get you all a bit more acquainted with the peeps;-)

I'm looking forward to getting to know some fellow Quailheads!

Thanks for taking the time to read this,
David

Signing off... Off to clean poop!

images

Great job on the hatch and all the healthy quail!! I am a Bobwhite peep myself, although I have kept Coturnix and Gambels in the past. I also keep chickens, but I just love my Bobs!

You will want to show off your quail in the quail section here on BYC. Lots of us love to see others set ups and quail...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/48/quail

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

Back
Top Bottom