Hello from Florida!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by K9ThorsMom, Dec 26, 2010.

1. K9ThorsMom

K9ThorsMom Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2010
    Pinellas County, FL
    Just wanted to stop by and say hello! I just found this forum yesterday, and HAD to sign up...I'm new to backyard chickens, and don't actually have any chickens yet...I'm wanting to do a little research first before I bring any little friends home [​IMG] I live in Pinellas County, FL which is part of the Tampa Bay area...I am hoping to eventually have a small flock of maybe 3-4 hens for eggs, and would like to have them free-range, but that may not be possibly in my area...however, I do plan on making a large enclosure for them to move about freely under one of my large oak trees, but secure enough to keep hawks and other predators at bay...I've been reading lots on this board, and am thankful there are soooo many knowledgeable people willing to share their insight with us newbies!!!

- Andrea

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    [​IMG] That's how I started.......read a lot on here and about different breeds and had the coop & run ready before I got them! Good luck with your chicken adventure!

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Hello from Snowy SC!

5. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Welcome! There are a lot of BYC-ers down your way! Check out Nava's thread, and I am sure you can get some lovely chicks, or chickens at a swap. They have them all the time. They are fun and informative, and everyone is nice. (More so than the general population.)
    Cmom has a thread that will tell you when all of the Florida swaps are.
    as I find them, I will put a link here.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/fo...ardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=280301

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  6. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
  7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio.

8. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps