Hello from Florida!

turtlewomyn

Chirping
8 Years
Aug 27, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
I am located in Tallahassee and have decided (after more than a year of thinking about it off and on) to start a small backyard flock. I am here to do research as I get ready (although now that the decision has been made it is really hard to wait!).

frow.gif
Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us.
welcome-byc.gif
:yiipchic

Howdy from Kansas, turtlewomyn and
welcome-byc.gif
! I like your approach of research first, then purchase.
caf.gif
I went the other way because I lacked the will power to wait and had to learn on the go!
ep.gif
Thank goodness for BYC! Enjoy your birds when you get them.
celebrate.gif

Welcome!! I'm a newbie, too!! My husband did a lot of research, and this is a great place to get it. Hope you don't have to wait too long for some chickens, I hate that part!!

Yeah, I spotted some pullets on my local craigslist and just started corresponding with the seller, lets see how good my willpower is (or how fast my research skills are). I want rainbow colored eggs and she has a buff orp (6 months) and easter egger (6 months) for $5 each and bantam barnvelders for $10 each that are already laying. I have my coop design picked out (mother earth news mini coop and run made from a dog house and wire mesh) and am picking up some of the materials (the doghouse, found on craigslist) on the way home today.

Back
Top Bottom