Hello from Florida

IMANana

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 9, 2012
I have had 9 hens and 1 rooster for a year. I have a broody hen sitting on 17 eggs due to hatch by April 20 or 21. This is my first hatching and I am hoping that the advice I have been reading for the last year proves very helpful. The information is great!!!

Welcome to BYC! I agree with your last line: "the information is great!!" I used to just scan BYC back in the old days. Didn't bother to make an account until a few months ago, just seeing how many people needed help. Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
Glad you joined!

I have had 9 hens and 1 rooster for a year. I have a broody hen sitting on 17 eggs due to hatch by April 20 or 21. This is my first hatching and I am hoping that the advice I have been reading for the last year proves very helpful. The information is great!!!

Hello, and Welcome from Sugarloaf Mountain, Clermont, Florida. Join the Florida thread and meet some great people that will be glad to help you out. It will let you keep in touch with the local chicken breeders, if you need any help. Where are you?

Maye

Thonotosassa, between Tampa and Plant city. In the country, so we don't have to fight to keep our animals like the people cities around us are having to do.

Welcome neighbor! I don't understand why the local governments make a big deal about chickens when I find dogs are dirtier, they make bigger poops, smell more, and bark at night.
idunno.gif
My chickens are clean, thanks to their daily dust baths, don't smell, don't need bathed (usually unless they get mites/lice) don't smell at all, and make almost no noise at all (except when my kids play with them
lau.gif
).

Welcome neighbor!   I don't understand why the local governments make a big deal about chickens when I find dogs are dirtier, they make bigger poops, smell more, and bark at night. :idunno   My chickens are clean, thanks to their daily dust baths, don't smell, don't need bathed (usually unless they get mites/lice) don't smell at all, and make almost no noise at all (except when my kids play with them :lau ).

And on top of all that: THEY MAKE PART OF BREAKFAST!!!!

Your not that far from me.

Maye

Maye,

I love that they will make food for us when they get old enough and make compost so we can grow more food. I cannot wait to get my first eggs!
wee.gif
I am surprised that only a few people think I am crazy for having my chickens.

I have not been a member that long. Got my first pullets last August. But had chickens as a kid. The more people I talk with, when they find out I have chickens they ask all kinds of questions. Then the next thing you know they are getting chickens. My best friend was at first, like are you sure you want to get chickens? And now she is underground with her 4 chickens and wants to get 2 more. And now people I work with are buying eggs from me and asking me all about the chooks. Have sent all of them to BYC and to area swaps. I am now selling enough egg to support my chicken habit barring any bad injury or sickness.

Maye

Back
Top Bottom