hello from Fort Collins Colorado

MesasFlock

Hatching
Mar 14, 2017
Fort Collins Colorado
Hello from Colorado!!
I'm so excited to have found this site, so much useful information. We started our little flock a little over a week ago and so far all our 6 chicks seem very content and getting along well. We have a barred rock, and russian orloff that are now 2 weeks old, an americauna and australorp that are almost a week old and a golden cuckoo maran and blue copper maran that are 3 weeks old. The blue is very protective of the others. They are currently living in a 150 gallon oval tank with a red heat lamp that gives them plenty of room to get away from the heat if they are hot. We have a security camera hooked up above their kingdom them so can watch them 24/7, very entertaining :)
looking forward to this adventure!!!

MesasFlock

Greetings from Kansas, MesasFlock, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! Good luck to you and your flock!

hi sourland, our coop will be ready next thursday! Will post some pics when they are all settled in. I'm from Australia originally so was pretty excited to have an Australorp (her name is oz) in my flock! Wonder if she will share my love of vegemite sandwiches...

welcome-byc.gif

It's a small world...I live in WY but am going to Fort Collins this weekend for some fun.

Good luck with your flock and thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC - it's good to have a wire top over the brooder. The chicks start trying their wings early - the oldest may already be able to fly to the top of brooder. If they fall or fly out, they won't be able to get back inside. They could get chilled or some house pet etc., may find them first.

Back
Top Bottom