Hello from Ga.

NotoriousRIE

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Newnan, Ga.
I've been reading the forum for a while now, and decided to sign up finally. I'm Rie, from Newnan/Sharpsburg Ga. My wife and I decided to make building a coop our summer project so we can have our own fresh eggs. I'm the nerdy researcher of the family so I've been reading everything I can find on building a coop, and raising chickens. I raised 6 chicks with my (or rather FOR my sister) 2 years in a row for her 4h poultry club and we were the only ones who never lost a chick. I was always so sad to see them go to the poultry show at the fair. So now it's time for my own. Anyway, glad to be a part of the community!

TwoCrows

A Native Raven
Staff member
Premium member
9 Years
Mar 21, 2011
New Mexico, USA
My Coop
My Coop

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium member
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Good luck with your coop build! TwoCrows gave you some good links to get you started checking out BYC.

NotoriousRIE

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 22, 2014
Newnan, Ga.
Thanks! I've got a design and a rough idea of the coop I want to build. Finished it should be 8'x12' . We only wanted 2 chicks to start with but we may end up with a couple more. There is only two of us and I don't want more eggs than we can eat, and I want them to have plenty of space as well.

Top Bottom