Hello from Greendale, Chilliwack, BC

Sioux39

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Hello everyone.
I thought it was about time that I joined. It's been a pleasure "Lurking and Using" your site for all kinds of information. I am fairly new at this chicken "stuff" but I'm learning extremely fast with sometimes not so nice of an outcome. I've turned all my birds into pets (some with names) and I think I'm sitting close to 100. People just shake their heads and figure I'm just slightly nuts and honestly, I think I am too. I didn't know chickens could be so addicting. Anyway, I started with chickens(35) to qualify for farm status when we moved here 3 years ago & picked 3 different varieties. I have since fallen in love with the Orpingtons, BBS, Buff, & Lavender but have many other breeds, BLR Wyanadottes, Anconas, Americaunas, RIR, & Faverolles.
I have a wonderful husband of 33 years who works full time and I don't see much of, 2 grown daughters that are out on their own, 1 dog, 3 cats, 3 horses and 2 cows, and until we moved here, never farmed a day in my life, but doing it now and love it (exhausted most of the time) but love it.

drumstick diva

Still crazy after all these years.
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Aug 26, 2009
Out to pasture
welcome-byc.gif

Sioux39

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I wish I could come on here more often, but there is always so much to do with all the animals, and I do seem to attract all the "special" ones. I just realized yesterday that one of my Americaunas is deaf. I knew there was something different about her and now I know what it is. I also have one in the house that got away from an Eagle which is just about healed up and ready to go back out with the rest. A lot of information I have obtained from your site for all the sick or injured that I have had and it has really helped. Thanks to all.

Top Bottom