Hello from Greendale, Chilliwack, BC

Sioux39

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 19, 2013
Hello everyone.
I thought it was about time that I joined. It's been a pleasure "Lurking and Using" your site for all kinds of information. I am fairly new at this chicken "stuff" but I'm learning extremely fast with sometimes not so nice of an outcome. I've turned all my birds into pets (some with names) and I think I'm sitting close to 100. People just shake their heads and figure I'm just slightly nuts and honestly, I think I am too. I didn't know chickens could be so addicting. Anyway, I started with chickens(35) to qualify for farm status when we moved here 3 years ago & picked 3 different varieties. I have since fallen in love with the Orpingtons, BBS, Buff, & Lavender but have many other breeds, BLR Wyanadottes, Anconas, Americaunas, RIR, & Faverolles.
I have a wonderful husband of 33 years who works full time and I don't see much of, 2 grown daughters that are out on their own, 1 dog, 3 cats, 3 horses and 2 cows, and until we moved here, never farmed a day in my life, but doing it now and love it (exhausted most of the time) but love it.

welcome-byc.gif

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
I wish I could come on here more often, but there is always so much to do with all the animals, and I do seem to attract all the "special" ones. I just realized yesterday that one of my Americaunas is deaf. I knew there was something different about her and now I know what it is. I also have one in the house that got away from an Eagle which is just about healed up and ready to go back out with the rest. A lot of information I have obtained from your site for all the sick or injured that I have had and it has really helped. Thanks to all.

Back
Top Bottom