Hello from (hopefully) Denver--looking for homestead-friendly housing

duckduckgooose

Hatching
May 15, 2015
Hello! Great to be a part of such a nice community!

My husband and I are looking for a free-standing rural rental home/farm in the vicinity of Denver/Littleton. My husband is an aerospace engineer who just got his dream job in the Denver area. I work in animal science. We are also homesteaders.

If any of you good folks knows of a place that would accept a dog, cats, ducks, and geese and has room for a large garden, would you drop me a line?

A little bit more about us:

--We have excellent credit and excellent references
--We do not smoke
--We garden like crazy, and would be more than happy to share produce (and eggs) with our landlord
--We also make chocolate, and would be happy to share that, too
Thank you so much!

I bought the refrigerated eggs at an auction. I'm really worried that I have built up my hopes of them hatching and not even have one hatch. That's life. Just a throw of the dice.

You will do much better posting on your state thread than here. While BYC has over 338,000 members globally, very few stop by here. I would think with your exceptional background there would be no trouble getting a place.
fl.gif
Hope you do soon.

Thank you so much for your help and kind words, drumstick diva! I'm not too familiar with this site--didn't even know there were state threads!

Welcome to BYC!

My parents moved to Denver back in the early 70's and wow, has that place grown since then! Mom put her house on the market in January and sold it in 3 days...the real estate agent said listings are going quickly (more buyers than sellers) and bidding wars are the norm right now since there is a shortage of sellers. I hope you can find the place you are looking for but it may not be quick or easy. Maybe it's a different picture for rental properties.

Here's a link to get you to the CO state thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/68894/colorado

Good luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom