Hello from Illinois

diggergal

Songster
10 Years
Dec 2, 2010
Illinois
I am a new member but have been "creeping" (not registered) the backyard chicken site for at least a year. I have learned so much about chickens. I grew up on a farm and we had chickens but I paid them no attention. I was much more interested in our horses and cattle. Now I am an old married women of 30 years and a recent empty nester. My two boys 25 and 22 have flown the coop. Our 14 year old blue heeler dog recently passed away.
sad.png
So just me and my husband.

We live in a housing addition but recently purchased property zoned agricultural that borders our home. We have bought a small shed and hope to convert to a small coop to house 8 to 12 chickens. I have learned so much on this site. My husband makes fun of me when he finds me on the computer reading the "chicken site". But he is listening and helping me build and design our coop and run with all the great advice found on this site.

I love to bake and garden but had little time raising two active boys and running a business. I now have a bit more time and would love to have fresh eggs to use in my baked goods.

welcome-byc.gif
to the site! There's so much info here it's crazy here. I converted our shed into a coop and I had alot of fun doing it--You'll have a blast! Congratulations on hubby getting you a shed for your coop
thumbsup.gif

Hello Sheila3935, We live about 3 hrs north of Decatur. We have relatives in Mt Zion and go your direction several times a year. What kind of chickens will you be hatching in the spring?

Back
Top Bottom