hello from IN

slysimpson

Chirping
May 6, 2015
IN
Hi, I'm new to chickens. Just got 6 chicks- barred rock, blue ameracauna, jubilee orpington, gold laced polish, easter egger and cuckoo maran. I have triplet girls that are 12 and we all have fallen in love with these chicks. The barred rock is 3 weeks older but she seems to be doing fine with the rest of the chicks.
I just stumbled across BYC when looking online for information about different breeds.
I have a lot of hobbies- too many to list, but I love to cook and am looking forward to having fresh eggs someday.

:)

Holly

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC, Holly! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.
Congrats on your new chickens!
woot.gif
Those are some great breeds you've chosen. All are so unique, pretty and friendly. Opringtons are my favorite breed. I have three buffs. I've always wanted a jubilee though.

Yes BYC sure has tons of helpful info on raising chickens. Now that you're a member, you can join in on conversations and learn even more!

Great to have you join the flock! Good luck with your own.

Hi Holly and welcome to our community!
welcome-byc.gif

Congratulations on your new chicks! Bringing home new babies can be so exciting (and addicting)! You have picked out some excellent breeds. Jubilee Orpingtons are such beautiful birds and I really like Blue Ameraucanas too (though have never kept either breed). Cuckoo Marans and Easter Eggers lay beautiful eggs, too, that I'm sure you'll enjoy. All should be very hardy and productive.

It is sure easy to fall in love with chicks! No matter how many I hatch or buy, I still like them all. Of course, there are favorites, but I really enjoy all my chickens.
smile.png

Welcome to our flock and good luck with your new chicks! I hope you enjoy BYC as much as we do.

Welcome to BYC, Holly. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a nice mix of breeds. I love the chocolate eggs of the Marans. In my personal opinion, they are the prettiest eggs in the chicken world. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Here's our first photo shoot
yippiechickie.gif
It's possible I borrowed some Star Wars names from this site, that might be the actual way I found BYC.

Zoe

Ani (Darth Layer)

Mae

Obi Wan Henobi

Princess Layer

Hen Solo

Last edited:
Here's our first photo shoot
yippiechickie.gif
It's possible I borrowed some Star Wars names from this site, that might be the actual way I found BYC.

Zoe

Ani (Darth Layer)

Mae

Obi Wan Henobi

Princess Layer

Hen Solo
Those are very cute names. I love Star Wars. Thanks for posting the pics. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom