Hello from Indiana!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PatriotChickens, Jul 21, 2016.

1. PatriotChickens

PatriotChickens New Egg

Jul 21, 2016
    Wanamaker, Indiana
    Hello from central Indiana!

We've had chickens for 5 months now and got our first eggs last night! We jumped in with enthusiam and what initially started out as 6 assorted pullets increased to 24! (plus two guinea fowl and two turkeys lol) My DH is wonderfully understanding and we have two boys (10 y/o and 2 y/o), two cats, and one rough coated collie on a small farm. We just love our chickens! We are looking at having meat-chickens at a later date. :) I've used BYC for info since we came home with our little bitties, thank you everyone for your input!

2. nana3387

nana3387 Just Hatched

Jul 18, 2016
    West Virginia
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. You may find other bycers near you if you post on your state thread. Just put name in the search box and it will come up.

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! That is so exciting, congratulations! It sounds like you have a nice flock. Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    Hi and welcome to BYC. I am in Indiana too but I'm in Southern Indiana. It sounds like you have a nice assortment of birds.

6. twoacrefarm

twoacrefarm Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2016
    Indiana

Welcome! Where are you from in Southern Indiana? I am from the here too!

7. Finnie

Finnie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Hi and Welcome! I am also in Central Indiana, AND, I have a rough collie too!! She is just four months old, and already extremely smart.

I look forward to seeing you around!

8. PatriotChickens

PatriotChickens New Egg

Jul 21, 2016
    Wanamaker, Indiana
    Thank you everyone! Very excited, as I said, love our chickens. I see all these other beautiful kinds of chickens and its hard to resist ordering more. To be more specific (pardon if I don't have all the short-hand terms right) we have 4 BJG (black jersey giants?), 4 RIR, 4 SS (speckled Sussex?), 2 ISABs, 2 EE, 2 CR, 2 WLHs and of course the GF and turkeys. Oh, one rooster out of the bunch, and he's a "mystery chicken" as the store didn't know what they were, so we named him Scooby. He can be pretty feisty with everyone except for me. Really have to watch him around the 2 yo. Both boys just love to feed the chickens. Y'all have a great night!

9. pattyhen

pattyhen Chicks Ducks oh my

Apr 20, 2007
    I am in New Albany where are you?

10. silkiecuddles

silkiecuddles FortheLoveofSilkies

Mar 1, 2015
    Florida
    :frow Hi, and welcome to BYC!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by