Hello from Indiana

Letmeeatquiche

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 22, 2012
Northwest Indiana
I've been a member of the BYC community for a few weeks now but I'm just getting around to introducing myself. I'm really not a snob-just so busy learning and enjoying this site. I got my chicks on March 27th so they are getting to be pretty big girls now. I have 3 black sex links (Flo, Fanny, and Fern) and 3 Isa Browns (Mable, Mert, and Maude). They've been outside for about two weeks and tonight was the first time I didn't have to chase them down at bed time. At dusk they hopped right into their coop like good little birdies. Yeah us!

Glad to hear your enjoying yourself here
frow.gif

Congrats on the chicks and
welcome-byc.gif
from Michigan! If I have to put mine in their pen early - I just shake a pail with scratch in it and they come running from all over the yard. They follow me to pen and I throw a few hand fulls in and close the gate behind the last one. Easy Peasy. Only problem is Any time they see me carry anything - ie grocery bags, water bucket, coffee cup etc they follow me.
idunno.gif
then I have to chase them to get them to Stop following me.
lau.gif

Hope you are enjoying your chicks!

Hello and :welcome

Nice with the categorical naming, I like that. :p
Congrats on finally getting your chickens to go inside! It took us ages of catching and plonking till they got the hang of it.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Welcome Quiche!!! I was like you... I serfed this site for weeks before getting around to signing up. It is truely a great site. Everyone I've posted with are kind and helpful. You will like it here. :)

Back
Top Bottom