Hello from Iowa

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by EngleAcres, Feb 18, 2016.

1. EngleAcres

EngleAcres Out Of The Brooder

Feb 2, 2016
    Hi I've lurked around for awhile but have just recently joined. I raise Nigerian dwarf goats but am pretty new to birds. I have welsummers and just got some English lavender orpingtons and an Isabel Orpington hen. I hatched out some of my welsummer eggs recently and really liked it. I got a deal on a gqf 1502 so I'm hoping to start hatching a lot more and learn from the people and threads on this forum. Also, since I'm at it, I'm on the lookout for an Isabel Orpington roo

2. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright [​IMG] great to have you joining the BYC flock [​IMG]

Incubating is a very satisfying endeavor and there is a trend just for incubating [​IMG]

Have you checked out the BYC learning center [​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC [​IMG] - glad to have you join us. I'm lazy and don't use incubators to hatch - I just let momma hen do all the work [​IMG] In addition to everything chicken, theres a thread on Nigerian dwarf goats i think (funny, i used to live in Nigeria and never came across the term).

All the best

CT

5. EngleAcres

Feb 2, 2016
    Well if you were in Nigeria maybe they were just called goats lol

6. N F C

N F C eggnog time! Premium Member Project Manager

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

You started off with some lovely breeds of birds. The Isabel Orps are new to me so I had to do a search to see, very pretty. If you wouldn't mind sharing some pictures of your animals, we wouldn't mind looking at them [​IMG]

In addition to all the chicken chatter, the "other pets & livestock" forum might be enjoyable to you...members have all sorts of other animals, including goats.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

It's nice to have you here!

7. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on gander007; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Isabel Orpington rooster.

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. EngleAcres

Feb 2, 2016
    Thanks all. I'm building a coop right now for the new chickens so I can keep purebred hatching eggs once they start laying. Right now they're quarantined in a little pen. I hadn't heard of Isabel orpingtons either, but when I went to buy the lavenders the gal had one left of the Isabel so I figured why not. She looks pretty dark from the other pictures I've seen but I still like Her lol. It's hard to get any good pictures but here are a few. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    The brown eggs are from my welsummers and a friends marans. The green are isbars, blue are cream legbars, and the cream ones are ayam cemani. Hope I get some chicks out of all those eggs!

10. EngleAcres

Feb 2, 2016
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by