Hello from Iowa

Welcome, fellow Iowan! Do you live in the featureless, flat northern plains part of the state or the lovely, rolling country in the south (hmmm, seems my bias is showing)?

In any case, the steamy summers and frigid winters each bring challenges to raising chickens, and the folks in this community have plenty of experience to deal with those.

Best wishes with your coop build, Tim, and let us know when your chickens arrive!
I’m in southeast iowa. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome, fellow Iowan! Do you live in the featureless, flat northern plains part of the state or the lovely, rolling country in the south (hmmm, seems my bias is showing)?

In any case, the steamy summers and frigid winters each bring challenges to raising chickens, and the folks in this community have plenty of experience to deal with those.

Best wishes with your coop build, Tim, and let us know when your chickens arrive!
I'm in Richland, Southeast Iowa. Any suggestions on hatcheries in Iowa?

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Hello! I'm also in iowa (se of dsm). We are almost one year into having chickens. We have laying hens both from hoover (we got our first 3 from baumgaars and that's who they used) and we ordered more from mcmurray. All are lovely. Friends of ours use cackle out of Missouri and theirs look great too. If you'd like to see pics of the coop we built or our hens I'd be glad to share. Loads of great info here. I creep and read a lot, but don't contribute much. Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom