Hello from iowa

Welcome to BYC, Dallis! The pictures are awesome and I bet you are so excited! I have heard wonderful things about McMurray since that is who my father-in-law uses and has used for a long time and has wonderful healthy birds. I did not know that about the hard boiled egg... I picked up Save-a-chick probiotics yesterday since I was told it can prevent it from happening at all. Hope it works and if not will try the boiled egg
smile.png
. Really enjoyed your pictures making me anxious for my chicks to come in next friday.

Welcome to BYC, Dallis! The pictures are awesome and I bet you are so excited! I have heard wonderful things about McMurray since that is who my father-in-law uses and has used for a long time and has wonderful healthy birds. I did not know that about the hard boiled egg... I picked up Save-a-chick probiotics yesterday since I was told it can prevent it from happening at all. Hope it works and if not will try the boiled egg
smile.png
. Really enjoyed your pictures making me anxious for my chicks to come in next friday.

What kind of chickens are you getting?

I am getting Silkies, Easter Eggers, and Cream Brabanters. They don't come in until this coming Friday and I am going crazy waiting for them! I have been walking through the isles of local feed supply stores looking at all the chicks anxiously waiting and I keep buying stuff for them cause I think that need to have it all.
big_smile.png
I will for sure have to post pics for everyone when they come in. I trust yours are still doing well after using the boiled egg?

Welcome to BYC, PM me if you have questions or need help. I got my chicks from Murray McMurray in the mail in March, I didn't know that they had pick up too.

Rubber

One week old and everyone is still alive and doing good. Haven't had any problems with pasty butt since I started giving them hard boiled eggs daily. They are growing a lot and starting to show new feathers and different colors and the family is having a blast with them.

Back
Top Bottom