Hello from Iowa!

HippieMom

In the Brooder
Mar 27, 2015
Newton, IA
Hello all! I'm Shauna, a 34 year old mom to 3 active boys, happily married, and also a veterinary assistant at a small practice. Today I am preparing to bring home a couple of ducklings, and within the next month I will bring home a couple of chickens as well. I have joined this site to educate myself as much as possible in care of healthy, happy backyard chickens and ducks. I can't wait to get started!!

Shauna

Hi Shauna welcome to BYC! I haven't had an interest in ducks until this last year and now I placed in my order for runner ducklings. What breed of ducklings did you plan on getting?

The ducks available to me here are Pekin ducks. And after doing some more research I think they will be a good fit. Sounds like they are messy, but entertaining and produce a good number of eggs. :)

The ducks available to me here are Pekin ducks. And after doing some more research I think they will be a good fit. Sounds like they are messy, but entertaining and produce a good number of eggs. :)
All ducks are messy in their own way. It's probably because the Pekin duck is one of the bigger ducks so logically it'd make a bigger mess. But Pekin ducks are an awesome breed.

Hello and Welcome to BYC!
We're glad you decided to join.
frow.gif
There is tons of information on here, so I'm sure you'll find answers to all your questions.

Welcome to BYC, Shauna!
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Good luck with your future ducklings and chickens! I've never kept ducks, but have always wanted to.

Folks have told me if you don't mind everything soaking wet (they love to splash even in their water dish) and projectile poo covering every surface, you are ready to have ducks.

Still game ???

Welcome to BYC, Shauna. Glad you decided join our flock. I love your avatar. Raising poultry is a great experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Back
Top Bottom