Hello from Kentucky!

sune42

Songster
10 Years
Mar 13, 2009
Northern Kentucky
Hello, my name is Amanda and I am new to the world of chickens. It's all Barnes and Noble's fault. There I was, minding my own business, looking for a good book on backyard veggie gardens when i saw a table they had set up titled Modern Homestead. Well, there was my veggie book, but also... what's this? Living With Chickens... well that sounds cool. I got the book on chickens and left the veggie book. I am so hooked! I went to my city building at the beginning of this week and although there are laws against livestock, they define it as cows, sheep, pigs, horses and goats.- it's says nothing about poultry or fowl. So I am counting chickens under domesticated animals, so I will just make sure to follow the limit on them, and I am not going to keep a rooster.
So now I am researching coop designs and breeds. I hope to start on the coop soon and order my chicks.
I am looking forward to learning lots here!

-amanda

welcome-byc.gif
from California!
frow.gif

Well shoot, I guess I could read first and answer the questions...

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
This one I answered in my post.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have none yet, but I am planning on 3-4 all hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Looking at Buckeyes, Faverolles and a couple others. I plan on starting with one breed.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google is my friend.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Oh man, I scrapbook, make cards, various altered art, some clay work, i make soap and like to cook.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I live with my hubby of 7 years, I have 2 daughters, one is 2 the other 6 months. I work for a major bank-bleh, but it pays the bills. I am also in school for Art Education, I have one very large cat and one poor dog that is so far down in the pecking order. I hope he will be able to handle having 4 chickens rank above him, lol. We live in an older neighborhood, with a tiny postage stamp yard that I am really wanting to make start working for us as opposed to the other way around. I think that's about it.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom