Hello from Lancaster, CA

trtle

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 28, 2013
Lancaster, CA
Hey everyone been following along for a while now finally made an account. I am from Lancaster California. I have three hens, two red sex links and one white giant cochins that thinks its a rooster...

By rooster I mean she crows all day heards the two reds and protects them from other birds my dogs and cats. Dominates and defeathers the other two. And she lays an egg almost once a day haha.

Anyone else have that problem? A large hen that took a roosters roll. She is twice the size of the two reds. Problem is i cant have a "rooster" and have to find a new home for her.

Oh my name is Joel lol. ill post some pics in a bit.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
In the absence of a rooster a hen will sometimes take over the role, start "crowing", mount the other hens, etc. Since your hen is not technically a rooster, why do you have to rehome her? Did someone complain about her crowing?

This is my girl. Large and in charge, she actually got attacked by a husky mix today...

Shes doing ok though she stood her ground and shell recover.

amnd my two reds, they look really weathered cuz my white cochins defeathers them pretty bad lol. but really freindly and talkative.

Mrs. Fluff in recovery. Deep bite marks and back was completely defeathered but she alert and drinking and cozy in the garage.

Since i dont really live in a farm area i dont want a neighbor to complain and hate us haha. That and crowing at four am can annoy a chicken hater lol.

Back
Top Bottom