Hello from Los Angeles!!

HollywoodHillsHens

Songster
9 Years
Jan 24, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hi Everyone! I'm thrilled to be joining the forum. If anyone can PM me and help with uploading an avatar (my profile page does not show an option for "personalities" so I'm out of luck per the FAQs) I'd be grateful.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Sort of - my grandparents had a farm in Tennessee and I hatched 4 of their chicks from a home incubator when i was 8 or 9, but they went back to Tennessee when they were a few weeks old. As an adult, after a visit to our friends' cattle ranch in central CA, I saw just how awesome and beneficial chickens can be.

We just got four chicks in late 2010 and ready to raise the flock!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
Four pullets - We named them after the classiest of TV female foursomes, "The Golden Girls."

(3) What breeds do you have?
Two Australorps and Two Cochins (one white, one partridge)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Googling around for some help on chicken health (one 'lorp has some loose stool and a pale-ish comb, but is otherwise vigorous and healthy...just started on Sulfa antibacs in her water, but she did NOT like to be separated and stopped eating until she was reunited with the flock)...

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Horses: dressage and trail riding, fly-fishing, mountaineering, container gardening. I'm also finishing up my MBA, so I guess you could say Microsoft Excel is my primary hobby these days....
smile.png

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
I've been married for four years to an awesome guy who loves the hens about as much as I do. We have 2 dogs (vizslas) and 2 horses (mine's a Hanoverian/TB, my husband's is a Foundation Quarter).

Last edited:
Thanks everybody!! I am originally from Northeastern Ohio (Shaker Heights) and went to undergrad in Georgia before moving to California, so am happy to be welcomed by some "home staters!!"

4H Mom, thanks for the link - "personalities" finally appeared on my profile after a few hours, and when i clicked on it it says apparently you have to post 10x in order to get "avatar" privileges - so mystery solved!

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom