Hello from Louisiana!

bayoublues

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2020
Hi! I'm from Louisiana, I've been using BYC for a lot of information since we started with chickens but I finally signed up so that I can interact. :) We have 4 "regular" laying hens [2 easter eggers, a rhode island red and a barred rock] that we got as "day old" chicks. We also have a trio of Seramas who have given us a couple of little babies via incubator. We also have two [apparent] little cockerels that we hatched from eggs from a friend in exchange for one of our hens in the future.

My husband had apparently wanted to have chickens for quite a while but for some reason never brought it up. The funny thing is, I was doing the same. I thought he'd never go for it. But, it turns out we both really enjoy our chickens, especially after we got our first four and just got such a kick out of raising them and watching them interact.

:welcome
Hello from Nova Scotia and welcome to BYC! You’ve joined a great and resourceful community! Enjoy your journey!

Hi! I'm from Louisiana, I've been using BYC for a lot of information since we started with chickens but I finally signed up so that I can interact. :) We have 4 "regular" laying hens [2 easter eggers, a rhode island red and a barred rock] that we got as "day old" chicks. We also have a trio of Seramas who have given us a couple of little babies via incubator. We also have two [apparent] little cockerels that we hatched from eggs from a friend in exchange for one of our hens in the future.

My husband had apparently wanted to have chickens for quite a while but for some reason never brought it up. The funny thing is, I was doing the same. I thought he'd never go for it. But, it turns out we both really enjoy our chickens, especially after we got our first four and just got such a kick out of raising them and watching them interact.
20201204_10372515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom