1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Lynnwood, WA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cuppie, Mar 27, 2009.

1. cuppie

cuppie New Egg

Mar 27, 2009
    Lynnwood, Wa
    hello everyone, i am new to chickens as of 8 months ago. My favorite chicken Maggie was attacked and being chased for the kill by two dogs in my friends yard. After chasing maggie for 2 hrs she caught her and brought her into work (luckily we work at a vet clinic). so then i came home with maggie, she is a Favorelle...i believe due to her feathered legs and extra toes!! she is just the best chicken ever!!! so after nursing her back to health i got her a companion (silkie) and now i have two chicks (delaware and buff orpington) being raised to hopefully be part of maggie's flock...right now she thinks i am her flock!! anyways, i am now an official chicken addict!! these creatures are just the best!! so funny to watch in the yard!

I love the site you have going here, its great, i have been a reader for about 8 months now and now i am a member!!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome!

And this is an invitation to the rest of the "lurkers" out there, just go ahead and join. We don't bite.

And YOU might be able to teach us something too! [​IMG]

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Welcome from Indiana... [​IMG]
    Our first girls were rescues!

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    [​IMG]

5. n-da-woods

n-da-woods Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] from NC

6. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Glad to have you with us WELCOME!!!!

AL

7. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Welcome! We live in the city, we wonder if you do, too? Actually, suburban. We've had these chickens for almost a year now. No, actually we've been had. They have us. Totally. They croon for attention and cuddles, bring us little toys, beg to come inside the house and lay around on the couch with the kids. We're smitten. But are we the only suburban/in-townies with chickens? I heard there was a social movement underway toward keeping chickens as pets, but I haven't met any yet. What do you think? And Welcome! I am new to this too.

8. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Oh, I am so overtired I forgot why I answered your post!

Our americauna "Roaster" has been caught twice by the neighbor's german shorthaired pointer! A real hunting dog! A pheasant hunting dog! She got away each time by shedding tons of feathers and spent the rest of those days sticking close to my husband and telling him all about it. The dog was moved away because our neighbor is a really good guy. I miss the dog, but I'm really really glad Roaster wasn't actually hurt. She's a big healthy girl these days, and her frightful experience hasn't hurt her sociability at all. She's still a lovey pet, very sweet. I really hope your bird is OK, too! Good luck!

9. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    [​IMG] from TN

10. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by