Hello from Magnolia Ranch!

segany

Hatching
Mar 17, 2016
Rural GA
Hi! My name is Kuzy and I'm the owner of Magnolia Ranch. I bought my ranch in April 2014 so I have almost been here for 2 years!

I'm 25 years old, my husband and I met working as teenagers on a local farm in the summertimes, and now we are married and own our own ranch where we live with our 8 year old daughter, Lark.

I teach High School Spanish during the year and farm all spring/summer!

I currently have 2 goats, 2 hedgehogs, 1 dog, 3 cats, 2 ducks, 8 chickens, and my husband is picking up some new chicks today! I don't know what kind he is getting yet... it will be a big surprise when I get home from work!

I truly love living on my ranch as I feel so connected to the land and there's nothing more peaceful than early mornings doing my morning chores. It's hard work but it's so worth it to me. I'm hoping to get lambs and sheep this year.

I joined BYC because I love my birds so much and I always want to do what's best by them. I believe happy chickens are the best all around chickens. I also wanted to meet other people who love having birds!

Nice to meet you, and feel free to message me or talk to me!

Hi and welcome to BYC, I have 3 RIR hens an ameraucana hen an ameraucana roo 1 ameraucana chick 1 silver laced wyandotte chick 1 leghorn chick and a mystery bantam I'm thinking serama possibly, I also have 4 dogs popcorn is a purebred white miniature poodle peanut(popcorn's nephew) is a white miniature poodle peaches is a white miniature poodle that we rescued because she was a surrender and so we were lucky enough to have papers for her, and our other rescue is princess and she is a poodle shitzhu mix, then we fostered and eventually adopted tilly our little egyption mau. It is nice to meet you too I hope you have the best of luck, my old ag. teacher is a sheep farmer and spring time I will never forget he would always come in and tell us about all his new babies and his losses too.

welcome-byc.gif

Hi Kuzy, what a wonderful intro...I enjoyed reading it. You have a nice assortment of animals to keep you busy (along with everything else).

I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

Hi Kuzy and welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us. Congrats on your new chicks.

Joining your state thread will put you in contact with other BYC members in your area, which can be very helpful.

(https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread)

The members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom