Hello from Massachussets!

Hi! I’m Rachel, and I’m from Massachusetts. My family is getting some chickens soon, so I figured I should join a forum or two to answer some of my questions. We are getting 8 chickens! We actually aren’t getting chicks because we’re taking 8 hens from a family friend that can no longer take care of them. I watched them while their current owner was on vacation so I could get to know them and do a “trial run” to see if I could manage the work (since I will primarily be doing all of the work once we get the chickens). They are all around 1-1.5 years old and it works perfectly because my parents didn’t want to have to care for chicks, so it’s great for both us and our friend! We all really like knowing that our eggs are coming from healthy and happy hens. I look forward to asking my questions and learning more about chickens on here!

Welcome to BackYardChickens! So glad to have you here in our wonderful community of friendly, helpful, knowledgeable people!

:welcome
@marierachel17 - So happy to have you, welcome! We can't wait to hear more about your new additions

welcomeface.png

Back
Top Bottom