Hello from Me.

RooksMom

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 14, 2014
Harvey county Kansas
Hello, my name is Kasey, I recently got myself several hens who will be laying very soon. I have done as much reading on chickens as it is possible to do, and now the only thing left is to get experience I can't get without owning chickens.

I'm actually starting a whole mini-farm. I've been a gardener all my life, and I started a rabbit farm when I was fifteen, and while it was quite profitable, had to sell it when I was twenty so we could move.

I am hoping that one thing at a time, the only things I will have to buy are the things that I can't grow for myself, in one way or another, and I figure a good place to start with that is A - the familiar territory of veggi-gardens and rabbits, and the relatively new ground of chickens.

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your chickens as much as I enjoy mine. I got chickens just to get fresh eggs and before I knew I was addicted. So much fun. We are looking to buy a small farm within the next two years so I can get dwarf goats, rabbits, pigs, and maybe a couple of cows to go with my chickens and bees. Ducks, too. I want to spend my time gardening and tending to critters. I haven't had all that stuff since I was a kid.

Welcome to BYC, Kasey. Glad you decided to join our flock. My daughter used to raise rabbits (Netherland Dwarfs) and sell them to the local pet stores. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of hens did you get?

frow.gif
Hi Kasey, welcome to the Backyard chickens flock.

Hi Kasey! Welcome to BYC. Your goals sound very much like ours did about 18 months ago. Now we have chickens, goats and meat rabbits. Plus an enormous garden and greenhouse to grow our veggies. It takes a lot of work to start and maintain a mini-farm but we are really enjoying ourselves and the animals are wonderful company and entertainment. I wish you luck with your venture, your background with gardening and rabbits will be very helpful. Ask any questions you may have or just share pictures!

Another link you may enjoy once you get back into rabbits and other animals is here on BYC:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/22/other-pets-livestock

Back
Top Bottom