Hello from Minnesota!

Rachelsannerud

Chirping
Feb 16, 2022
Hi everyone!

Long time lurker (5+ years), first time poster.
I've had chickens since I was in 4H as a middle schooler, and now live on a homestead with my husband in rural Minnesota. We've got a whole menagerie, which includes 29 chickens and 7 ducks at the moment. Breeds are all egg layers but some of my favorites are our speckled sussex, and hatched mixes from broody hens (most wind up a mix of copper maran and ameracauna from our rooster and whatever mama has to offer).
Chickens and ducks have their own personalities that I really love- we have one who lives with our pig in the summer, for example- but my favorite aspect of having them is seeing what they get up to in a day and how far they'll roam the farm in the summer.
I've finally joined because we've had our first big battle with frostbite this winter. Temperatures have been very cold and one of our roosters has been nursing a frostbitten foot and leg for over a month now. He's been in the laundry room/bath tub that whole time and I've been watching the healing process closely. With such a serious issue it's been fantastic to read others' experiences with it, and now I feel like I've got some things to contribute too!

Glad to be joining the mix with you all!
Rachel

WELCOME! You have pics of your chickies? Heres my little Bob Ross🤣
22570AF6-C33B-4813-83EB-6A586EF8C82A.jpeg
F7EA8F3B-0B68-4ECB-A7E0-52D3ADCB3F28.jpeg
A34E04A5-9CC9-4FBA-95EE-068243B3F179.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom